Millennium Chess Genius Exclusive
Millennium Chess Genius Exclusive
Millennium Chess Genius Exclusive Chess Computer: £539 (PayPal) (£519 bank transfer)
The elegant chess computer with piece recognition, made from real wood
Playing strength > 2300 ELO!
The new Chess Genius Exclusive is a handmade, elegant wooden sensory board with a size of approximately 40 x 40 x 2 cm, with 81 LEDs as move indicators and fully automatic piece-detection. The computer unit is located in a separate cabinet with a generously sized display. It offers numerous display possibilities similar to the earlier world-class computers from Mephisto, and can also be used as chess clock during a match. The comfortable handling of the fully automated board, in particular the detection speed and reliability, is exceptional.
The cable connection between the clock and the chessboard makes it not only possible to exchange the hardware module, it further allows future software updates to be made via the integrated USB-interface. An ARM Cortex M7 processor with 300 MHz and a significantly increased Flash and RAM-memory serves as motor for the hardware.
First assessments estimate the tournament strength of the Chess Genius Exclusive to range between 2350 and 2400 ELO, which surpasses the performance level of the legendary Mephisto world champion computers. Thanks to this new development from Munich, these devices have finally found a worthy successor.
Functions, technical data
– Measures approx. 40 x 40 x 2 cm
– Hardware equipment: ARM Cortex M7 / 300MHz / 2048 KB ROM / 348 KB RAM
– Entering chess positions: handcrafted wooden sensor-board with automatic piece-detection.
– Display of chess moves: 81 single-field LED (each 4 per field)
– Display in LCD: separate chess clock-module with very large display (73 x 39 mm), adjustable backlighting and flexible display options (Chess clock, multi-line Info- displays, entire chess field)
– Future possibilities of expansion by software updates via USB-interface
– Hardware module can be replaced entirely
– Options for the USB interface: memorizing of parties, optional download of opening libraries, firmware- updates or engines
– Power supply and connection with adaptors for international sockets
– Programming author: Richard Lang
– Program: Development based on popular world-champion programs
– Playing strength: > 2300 ELO (tournament level)
– Various playing levels: suitable for advanced players, very good club- and tournament players up to international tournament levels
– Playing levels: many different grades selectable; including fun fevels (computer produces mistakes), easy playing levels (limit of the calculated positions), Blitz and Bullet chess playing, tournament playing with or without Fischer Bonus time, e.t.c.
– CPU- speed: 50 -300 MHz adjustable
– Opening library; ranging from Classic London Book (57,000 Positions) to the new Master Book (>300,000 Positions) by M. Uniacke
– Menu: cursor-guided, information-display with 5 lines, can be scrolled, 7 languages selectable
– 2- player mode: for party- entries and Analyzing
– Nearly endless number of manoeuvres
– Chess trainer: includes extensive warning and help functions
– Equipped with extensive Features:
• Display of proposals for the moves
• Display of position evaluation and main variant
• Display of the move number
• Display of the depth of the calculation and the number of calculated shifts
• Very easy input of chess positions (with automatic piece-detection)
• Various playing-modes
• Position control with board display
• Analysing mode with many options
• Auto-playing mode
• Alternative moves
• Versatile setting options (display contrast, turn over the board, calculator speed, position of chess clock left or right, and more)
• Wooden sensory chessboard
• Wooden chessmen
• Chess Computer Unit
• Power supply with adaptors
• Connection cables Computing Unit – Board
The new version 2018 (C23) provides several improvements, in particular an enhancement of the engine, the first for several years.
You may look forward to the following improvements of version C23:
1.. Improved Endgame Knowledge
rook endings, opposite-coloured bishops, bishop with wrong rook´s pawn, …
2.. Improved Chess Engine
king safety, evaluation of the castle-time management, …
3.. Several Opening Libraries
Seven USER BOOKS are integrated beside the Classic and Master books (Open Games, Spanish, Semi-Open Games, Sicilian, Queen´s Gambit, Indian, Gambits). A separated download is not necessary anymore.
4.. Different Playing Styles
In the new program you can choose between three different playing styles: SOLID, NORMAL, RISKY. NORMAL is the strongest one and corresponds with the previous setting.
5.. New Info Notifications
In addition to the several options the display can show the ECO-code, the name of the opening and the evaluated positions per second.
6.. Sliding of Chessmen
You can pick up and set the chessmen as before. But now you can also slide the chessmen across several squares. You only have to adjust the board’s reaction time in the option menu.
The manual is already updated and describes all new features in detail. You can download it with the following link:
In order to update your ChessGenius Exclusive to version C23, the CGX-tool must be installed on a computer (Windows or Macintosh). If it is already installed you can start is as usual. Please choose the new firmware at “Current Firmware” and send it to your ChessGenius Exclusive.